Saturday, April 2, 2011

Being Alone

There was a time when I craved being alone. I longed to be able to just have time for myself without having to talk to anyone.

These days, I have a lot of time to myself. I am finding that I do not like it much. I would like to have someone to talk to once is a while, but right now that just is not happening. That is not to say that I do not have friends. I do, but not the kind you can share anything with. I guesse they are more aquaintenses then friends.

What is a friend? When I was a kid, a friend was someone to hang out with, playing games, doing the things kids do. As an adult, I have found that people move into and out of my life too quickly to form a real bond. Sure there are a few people that I enjoy spending time with, yet there is no one to really "share" with. Maybe that is my fault because I find it hard to talk about myself.

Perhaps someone will read this blog and define "friend" for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment